Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: Chipolte Mac and Cheese

We had our autism walk this weekend and boy am I tired. It is a lot of work to pull one off. I guess I have been getting so discouraged because people just do not want to donate. I got donations for door prizes but got turned down by every grocery store around for things like frozen hamburgers. I don’t understand it how can some groups seem to get everything donated and we can’t get anything. It isn’t for lack of trying because I have called and called  but it just isn’t happening. On top of all of that we ended up competing with so many other major things going on so we did not have the crowd we wanted. It also did not help we had to change our venue because the city we were going to have it in said we did not feel out the right paper work so they gave our reservations away and we did not find out until 2 months before our walk! It just really getting discouraging.  All the money goes for sending a child with autism to camp. I guess I am frustrated because it does not feel like we are growing. I know that the first couple of years are hard but this is the 4th walk and it is not growing! Oh well, I can just do my best and that is all.
I tried a new recipe tonight and boy is is yummy. The recipe calls for 1 chipotle, but honestly for the size of this recipe it does not give it any heat  at all, so next time I might try 2 maybe three.

(mac n cheese, kale and broccoli)


Chipotle Mac and Cheese

1 1 box of elbow macaroni prepared using directions on box and set aside
1 quart of fat free half and half
3 cloves of garlic
1 adobe  pepper or more if you prefer more heat.
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 cup of corn starch
1 T onion powder
1/2 tsp. of pepper
1 block of pepper jack cheese shredded
1 block of Monterrey jack cheese shredded

shred both blocks of cheese  , mix  together and put in a bowl to set aside. In a food processor or blender add 2 cups of the half and half, garlic, bouillon cubes  and chipotle  blend well.  Put that mix in  sauce pan and add the rest of ingredients except cheese.  Over medium high heat bring mixture to a boil for one minute. After boil remove from heat and add 4 cups of the cheese mixture (reserving the leftovers for topping.) mix until all cheese is melted. Mix cheese mixture with macaroni and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Add the leftover cheese for topping and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until bubbly and brown. Menu Plan Monday: Chipolte Mac and Cheese
orgjunkie_banner
Menu Plan Monday:
Monday: Leftover Mac and Cheese
Tuesday:  fried rice
Wednesday: grilled fish kabobs
Thursday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Jam Hands Skip To My LouTastyTuesday200pix





Sumo's Sweet Stuff

7 comments:

  1. The mac and cheese sounds delicious!! I love those adobo chili peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Mexican flare for Cinco De Mayo!

    Thanks for linking up at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mac and cheese looks so good, I love your twist on the classic! There's just nothing like some good mac and cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve tried this recipe and i`m really impressed, it has a very good taste. My both child tried it and they like it a lot. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued! This sounds like a delicious twist on an old favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that your walk didn't go as you had hoped. How discouraging. I do hope those that came had fun and raised some money.

    Thanks for linking this up to my menu plan last week! You were the #2 most clicked link so you are being featured on my menu plan this week. Stop in Monday after 7am to see your feature.

    Hope you have a good week! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are being featured at Mealtime Monday on Couponing & Cooking this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!