Saturday, May 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Devils Food Cup Cakes With Peanut Butter Frosting.

You all know that my daughter got her ears pierced around Easter and she was so excited because she was now a big girl. Those that read my blog know that it was a big deal because she is autistic and she did really well. It was seven weeks this past week so we bought her a pair of earrings besides the studs she had and were going to put them in. When I went to take them out we realized that one ear had gotten infectected,  can we say not fun Sad smile. We spent the last few days cleaning and getting the infection out hoping they would not close up. Well last night we finally got the earrings back in and then today she put on her new pair!
IMG_0047[1]
I love reeses candy, so I had an Idea of putting peanut butter cups in a cupcake and topping it with peanut butter frosting. Let me just tell you you will need a glass a milk with this one because it is very sweet, but it is delicious!
reeses peanut butter cupcake with peanut butter frosting
reeses2

I am really trying to work on my photography, and I am really proud of these couple of pics. Getting rejected from Food Gawker 12 times really does help , because you work harder to get
 a better shot. I finally had one accepted the other day :)

Reese’s Peanut Butter Devils Food Cup Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting!

  • 1 box of devils food cake or cupcake mix
  • eggs called for on box
  • milk instead of water called for on box
  • 12 small Reese’s plus more for garnishing
Mix cake mix according to instructions except use milk instead of water for the liquid. Fill cups 2/3 full and put 1 Reese's cup in the top of each cupcake. I tried putting them in the middle and then covering with the rest of  batter but they sank to the bottom so make sure you put them in the top of the batter. bake according to package directions

Peanut Butter Frosting

4 cups of sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup of butter softened
1/2 cup of shortening
1 capful of vanilla extract
5 heaping ( I mean heaping) tsp fulls of peanut butter  use more or less according to your taste
chopped frozen Reese’s cups to garnish
milk
Cream butter and shortening and then add sugar 1 cup  of  sugar at a time until all is incorporated. next add a couple of tablespoons of milk and then peanut butter. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. approximately 4 –5 tablespoons full.   garnish with chopped frozen Reese’s
UndertheTableandDreaming

I Heart Nap Time
It's OVerflowing

Blessed with Grace

TidyMom Hoosier Homemade - Cupcake Tuesday

15 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up...these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now you made me really hungry :) But I think they look too beautiful to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congrats on your Food Gawker acceptance -- I'll have to check out this site!

    And your daughter looks so pretty with her new earrings.


    Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she really is enjoying the earrings

      Delete
  4. Yum! I would love for you to share this Wednesday at 'What's Cooking Wednesdays' at www.firsthomelovelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will link it up this week! thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. My daughter is deaf. She is a hearing aid user (thus, she is a very talkative toddler...)and she doesn't have piercings because I was thinking it may interfere with the aids dangling on her ears. Now that she is turning 3, she is asking me how come I have ear piercings and she doesn't. What I did was to put some stickers and dangling beads on to the clips of her aids, and she really loves them.
    I am sure your little girl loves prettifying herself with accessories and girly stuff =)
    This is another wonderful treat...Have to try really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came over from Tasty Tuesdays. We have a couple things in common! I have an autistic daughter (and son). I am also a food blogger, and made this Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. Thought you might like it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! I would love for you to share them at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/05/share-it-link-party-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum.. I want some.. :) Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made a recipe similar..yours looks and sounds better..never thought about using milk...how interesting! i will definitely try this..hope mine looks like yours!!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, your sweet daughter has some very stylish earrings!!!
    Thanks for this great and easy recipe. I think chocolate and peanut butter are God's gift to me and when they are put together I can almost hear His angels sing!!!!
    Please join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly foodie linky party with any of your recipes. Linky goes live on Sunday at 8:00pm. Hope to see you and your recipes there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!