Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders/ New Feature

 

Do you have a picky child, or in my case young adult.  Do they say they will not eat chicken? I think I may have the recipe to help change their mind! It did mine anyways.

My son is 16 and will not eat chicken. I made this the other night and he absolutely loved it and I was floored.

Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders

preview

 

This is another recipe that does not have exact ingredients!

  • Chicken tenders
  • Dijon Mustard (honestly any type of mustard will do) 2 or 3 Tablespoons
  • Pretzels about 3 cups
  • Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In bowl of a food processor or plastic bag with rolling pin  crush pretzels (you do not want it into total crumbs, just into smaller pieces). Salt and Pepper both sides of your chicken tenders.

In one bowl add Mustard

In another baking dish add pretzels

Using a pastry brush, brush a light coat of mustard on both sides of chicken. Using your tongs, roll each tender into the pretzels and place on either a foil lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a cooling rack ( this is recommended so that your chicken does not get soggy on one side!) Cook 15-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through!

Monthly Cooking Challenge

I am excited to announce a new feature and hope you guys will join in! I love cooking.I am far from chef but always looking for ways to be a better home cook! That is why, starting tomorrow will have a monthly cooking challenge. I will post the cooking technique that I want to conquer that month. I will give links to tutorials and links to recipes. Sometime during the month I will choose a recipe using the technique and attempt to recreate the recipe . The end of the month, I will right a post about my experience, with the recipe I used. Here is where I would  like you to get involved. When I post the new challenge, if you would like to join up, I will send you a link to a newsletter to sign up so I can send you the official rules, links to the tutorials and recipes. At the end of the month, I would like you to right a post about your experience with the technique and your recipe and linking up with my party!

You can pick and choose which challenges you would like to participate in, by subscribing and unsubscribing from the newsletter .  I hope that you will join in because the more that join, the better the party and hopefully this will help you also to be a more confident cook!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly Lee,
    Your Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders look wonderful. Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once all the tenders are breaded, place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature of the tenders is 140 degrees. Let the tenders cool for about three minutes before serving. Note: Be sure to reheat in the oven to keep the crispiness. Do not reheat more than once or tenders will dry out.




    SEOServices

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, it’s a helpful topic. I like this topic. I want know some helpful things from this side. It fresh my mind and experience. So lots of thanks for sharing this information with me.
    Day Trading Tips

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!